Emmett Municipal Airport
37 miles (road) Northwest of Boise Airport
Scroll down for directions.
By appointment only.
We typically fly from dawn until dusk with clients and are unable to accept calls. Submitting the form below is the best way you can reach us.
Stick & Rudder Aviation
P.O. Box 75
Ola, ID 83657
Thank you for your interest in flight training with Stick & Rudder Aviation – towards meeting your flying goals.
Unless you have the complete flexibility in your schedule and commercial airline travel (around our unpredictable Winter weather) – we typically do not accept reservations from our out-of-state guests past Thanksgiving. We don’t want you disappointed by spending your precious training time (and travel costs) sitting in a hotel, and watching it snow !
To prioritize our service to the Kitfox-specific community – we no longer have the availability to offer Tailwheel Endorsements to pilots for other Tailwheel airplane types. In our experienced opinion, we recommend a Tailwheel Endorsement should be earned in the airplane type one aspires to fly.
With our focus on “Backcountry Training Tours” – and the mission-specific Backcountry-outfitted flight school Kitfoxes – we no longer offer the high wear & tear of Tailwheel Endorsement training. In addition, due to the advanced nature of Backcountry training, we request you come for training…already tailwheel endorsed and current in a tailwheel airplane. We will then offer the Kitfox-specific “Type” training, followed immediately by the Backcountry training.
Multiple day, overnight “Backcountry Training Tours” start again when the snow melts off the airstrips, and the Wilderness Lodges re-open in late May – ONE lodge as early as April. Our 2023 – pre-reserved “Backcountry Training Tour” windows are listed on our web site “Backcountry” page. Please plan ahead as far as possible for 2023 availability.
In regard to sales Demonstration flights… we can continue to offer those – weather permitting of course, and around our overnight Backcountry Training Tour schedule. Demonstration flights will typically be scheduled for afternoons / early evenings (after the AM training pilots who already fill the schedule).
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
– Please be sure to read the information above, prior to filling and submitting the contact form below –
The more information you provide us, the more detailed response we’ll be able to provide.
Be sure to read through our website first as you may find the answers faster than we’re able to reply.
WE RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS TO ENSURE YOU HAVE NO TROUBLE FINDING US.
- Program your GPS/navigation to take you to the Emmett Airport: 2000-2428, W Sales Yard Rd. Emmet, ID 83617.
- Just past the Emmett Municipal Golf Course club house and Chuck Sawyer Field hangar (on Sales Yard Road) – turn right onto the ramp area.
- Proceed carefully towards the self-serve fueling terminal and towards the parallel taxiway.
- Then, proceed carefully down the parallel taxiway to the West (Always giving-way to the airplanes).
- Find Hangar #54 (4th hangar from the West end row).
- Turn left and park in the gravel between the hangars, next to the OUR Hangar man door.
You will see my White RAM pickup with camper shell – parked in front of you (unless you’re early).
"You haven't seen a tree until you’ve seen its shadow from the sky."
― Amelia Earhart